Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jewelry in a Furniture Store!

Well, it's true.  I will be setting up my jewelry for sale in a furniture store!  The shop is Soho Interiors in Topeka, KS.  There space is super chic, with tons of great, unique furniture pieces and home accessories.  They have art hanging on all the walls, and there's definitely an upscale modern vibe!  It is family owned and operated, and there are 2 sisters (Ashley and Angie) that are just as sweet as can be!  Angie found my jewelry through a friend of a friend of a friend on facebook, and now here we are, entering into a partnership!  I am very excited, but it does bring new challenges.  Selling in a store comes with sharing profits.  Because I'm also giving a portion of my proceeds to charity, I'm wrangling with the numbers to determine how much I need to sell my pieces for there.  Also, the crowd will be different than the people I sell to on etsy, so I've got some experimentation to do!  I plan to keep them separate - I won't be listing items I have in their store on etsy.  That means I've got to make a lot more jewelry!  It will be a fun experiment, and we'll see how it goes.  Wish me luck!
Check out some fun finds from Soho Interiors!  You can see more about them via their blog:  http://sohowestboro.com/blog1

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that pink chair is divine! This sounds like an exciting new venture and I hope it is very successful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting new adventure. I wish you success!

    ReplyDelete